Thursday, February 4, 2010

Involved??

Involved in the work of the Master? Doing His Will? Staying in contact with His Words?

If you are unable to "go to" and "join in" and "be a part of" because of whatever, there is a way to stay involved and purposely put yourself in His line of work -- pray.

What should I pray for? How should I pray? How do I know if God hears? What if my mind wanders (I'm personally acquainted with this question!)?

I'm very interested in the power and purpose of prayer, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, at the throne of Grace. Even though prayer has been part of my spiritual journey, I will never be too advanced or perfected or saintly to outgrow my need of learning to pray and then doing just that - PRAY.

A new opportunity has been given, in answer to prayer, to stretch once more in the direction of the Holy, looking upward to the Author and Finisher of our Faith, to grow in faith and with a different focus - http://www.pray4gcr.com/.

The time focus is for the Orlando gathering in late June of 2010 - but the eternal time focus is well,...., eternal. I like that. I don't need to know the immediate answers to this prayer request, just learn to be faithful in my prayer time...and not let my mind wander.

1 comment:

lynmeryl said...

Good question! Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them...