Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oops, Long Time No Post

Sorry, got busy with holidays, family, slop storms, ice, snow & minus 0 temps!

However, I am reading through the Bible using the Daily Bible (Pastor John MacArthur, Grace Community Church). I have just finished doing it for 5 years & am starting out on my 6th year. I just love it!! It is so interesting how the Holy Spirit works in my mind as I read each morning's passages.

I was reading through Genesis 41 & 42 this AM, in particular 41:25-41.

v. 37 So the advice [of Joseph] was good in the eyes of Pharaoh and in the eyes of all his servants. 38 And Pharaoh said to his servants, "Can we find such a one as this, a man in whom is the Spirit God?"
39 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. 40 You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you." 41 And Pharaoh said to Joseph, "See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt."

You would think that this fantistic feat God had worked through Joseph would never be forgotten!

Exodus 1:8 Now there arose a new king over Egypt, who did not know Joseph.

Did not remember the times of that famine and how Joseph led Egypt and many of the lands round about through the years of hardship of that time.
After 400 years, who knew, who cared??

My update of Exodus 1:8:

Now there arose a new leadership over the United States, who did not know the Founding Fathers.

Did not remember the times of the revolution and its principles and how the Founding Fathers led the fledgling nation though the years of hardship and dangers of that time.
After 235 years, who knew, who cared???

No comments: